Thule vector review
What did we test?
To get the most accurate result, we review a roof box in the following areas:
- The overall design of the roof box
- Shape: redesigned read to give more hatch clearance,
- Colors: glossy metallic black / titan matte
- Structure: dual side opening, steel channels, tubular steel channel, the base is reinforced, base box inside a box.
- Cargo safety: tie down straps, anchor points.
- Security and locking system.
- Mounting difficulty: universal mounting clamps / knob will make a clock noise.Power Click Quick-Mount System
- Ease of use: handle, one hand opening, led lights with motion sensors.
These metrics are not the official metrics of the manufacturers, but this is a review from a consumer perspective, and it must be as authentic as possible.
Our final verdict
Security is a crucial part of any roof box, you don’t want to go to a hotel to sleep, while your luggage is not properly secured against any unwanted hands.
The Thule Vector has a locking system that is far more advanced than the other roof boxes on the market, it is comprised of two parts.
- A one key cylinder where you need to insert the key and unlock the system first, and you cannot remove the key again until the roof box is completely secured again.
- A release slide mechanism, you need to move this slide to unlock the box, there is a red indicator that tells you when the box is still open.
Thule Vector installation difficulty
Ease of Use
Thule vector m vs alpine
Thule Vector m and alpine comparison table
|Thule vector m||Thule alpine|
|External Dimensions||83.5 x 34.5 x 14 in||91 x 35 x 12.5 in|
|Weight||59.3 lb||65.9 lb|
|Load Capacity Skis (pairs)||3-5||4-6|
|Max Length of Skis||185cm||200cm|
|Load Capacity of Snowboards||3-4||3-5|